Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One Day Down; a Bazillion to go...

I ate low-carb yesterday. I was almost easy since my lower back was killing me and my chiropractor told me to lay down on my back with my knees bent. It feels mostly better today but it is still tight.

Day two. Usually a harder day. Good thing is that I don't have to go out to eat with anyone. That'll be tomorrow--twice--breakfast and lunch.

I have to remember that I'm loosing weight for me. Because I feel more energized, less fatigued, less victimized by my hormone fluctuations. My memory is better and my skin is clearer, too. Only good things. So what exactly is my fu*%$^& problem?

I think that food is my friend / reward / consolation prize. It is certainly easier to eat what ever you feel like when ever you feel like it. But few people can get away with that, and it is not very healthy. I think my struggle is about exercise.

In the past, I have lost weight because I was moving. The gym, walking every morning, working many hours. I wasn't necessarily happier with my life, I was working a plan. As soon as the plan plays out and I get really close to my goal weight, I get sloppy. And put on weight.

Maybe my weight is not what will make me happy. Maybe there are many other elements that I'm not dealing with that will make me a more satisfied person.

Or, maybe not. Maybe I am just really sensitive to carbohydrates and I have to be diligent. Every day. For ever.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment